[Newbies] Re: Accessing projects from a Web page

Brad Fuller brad at sonaural.com
Sat Jun 10 21:58:09 UTC 2006

Klaus D. Witzel wrote:

>>> I believe that is indeed the case, it says 'Squeakland 3.8-05 of 1
>>> September 2005'. I use it for the Petri net demo
>>> - http://www.iam.unibe.ch/~scg/Teaching/CP/PetriNets/

>>> Not that I did expect the following but, enlarging the Opera web
>>> page to 150% did the job, the menu now fits :)
>>
>> I suspect that you ran that image manually and saved it
>> (accidentally) with some non-default preferences.
>
> No (did not run the image manually) and yes (saved the image from the
> Opera browser after install+update code from server) and no
> (non-default preferences): downloading a fresh copy from
>  - http://squeakland.org/installers/SqueakPlugin.image.zip
> this one says 'Squeakland 3.8-05 latest update: #481 Current Change
> Set: Unnamed1' and also has no "golden" navigator flap (but "show
> shared flaps" are enabled on the world menu, as before).
>
> Perhaps a platform (Opera, WinXP) specific difference? Should there be
> any other files (besides SqueakPlugin.image) on startup?
On Fedora Core 5, Firefox (v1.5.0.3) the Petri project works fine, and
the plugin test loads and shows the text dialog, but no navigator panel.
Other than the navigator panel not appearing, everything else seems fine.

Opera (Version 9.00 Beta 2): both the plugin test and the Petri image do
not load. I get a blue rectangle, the hourglass and (in the Petri
project) the squeakland "Loading" image. But that's it.. kinda stops
after that. (I stopped using Opera V8 because V9 worked better. )