Keycaps??

Jim Rosenberg jr at amanue.com
Sat Jun 10 23:01:40 UTC 2006

> You should indicate which macintosh VM and version you are using.

VM is 3.8.6Beta6.app.

Squeak is 3.8 update #6665.

> You need to give a bit more information about the keyboard  you have  set
> in os-x preferences, which keystrokes you are using, what you  expect
> that keystroke to give you say in TextEdit, and what happens in Squeak.

I'm showing US keyboard script Roman.

The "normal" keys for typographic quotes I expect are:

Double-quotes: option-[, shift-option-[

Single-quotes: option-], shift-option-]

They work fine in every app except Squeak. (They work fine in TextEdit.)

When I bring down the character palette, highlight the right single quote
and click insert, Squeak shows it as simply a question-mark. When I type
shift-option-], instead of getting the right single quote, I'm getting the
character at position 92 in the MorphicFontEditor.

It sounds like my keyboard mapping has gotten confused somehow -- if you
can straighten me out I'd be much obliged!

-Thanks, Jim