Stand-alone Squeak application on MacOS X

Eugene Beschastnov eugene.beschastnov at gmail.com
Wed Jun 14 09:58:03 UTC 2006

Hi!

Can anybody suggest, how to make stand-alone Squeak application for
MacOS X (i.e. Squeak VM with embedded image)?

I have the prepared image, that is used for making stand-alone Windows
application. This image made with method
MySoftware class>>deploy
	Smalltalk addToStartUpList: self.
	Smalltalk abandonSources.
	Preferences disableProgrammerFacilities.
so it doesn't need .sources and .changes files. Also I have standard
3.7-7 VM without modifications.

What I want is that I click on Squeak VM application (on MacOS X) and
Squeak starts with my image, without asking what image to open.

I found on Squeak Swiki information, saying that "with a Mac VM at
least as new as 3.2.6b3, you can put .image .sources and .changes in
the resource path of the VM .app" (
http://minnow.cc.gatech.edu/squeak/778 ). But when I put my image file
to Contents/Resources directory of Squeak VM application, it didn't
change anything - when I click on Squeak VM it still asks about image
file to open. I also tried to put .sources and empty .changes near my
image, I tried to put image, .sources and .changes to Contents/MacOS -
but nothing help.

You are my last hope, please suggest something :-)

--
Eugene