[croquet] [Q] Tweak menu item registration (was: [Q] Monticello versioning and subclassing)

Andreas Raab andreas.raab at gmx.de
Fri Jun 16 00:57:31 UTC 2006

Hi David -

David Faught wrote:
> To address Bert's even better answer, and getting away from the
> Monticello aspect of this, I am talking about adding items to the
> Tweak menus in Croquet, which I would expect to be a popular and
> active area for changes.  What's a good way to go about menu item
> registration?

That's a little bit of an odd question since Croquet is a framework not
an application and I'd expect all applications to provide their own
menus. What your package should probably do is provide sufficient
information such that hooking up the menus can be done in the easiest
and most straightforward way possible - potentially even by having a
utility method that constructs the menu and someone would just add as a
submenu in a particular place.

Cheers,
   - Andreas