BitBlt endianness

Gerardo Richarte gera at corest.com
Fri Jun 16 22:07:06 UTC 2006

hi!

    anybody has any idea if it's possible to have BitBlt be in a
different endianness (or byte ordering)?
Right now, to copy BitBlt to screen, if it's 32 bits I just need to copy
the bytes, but for 16 and 8 bits I need to flip the words/bytes around?

    Is there a way to tell Squeak to use a different byte ordering?
Actually, I'm not even sure if I'm doing the byte swapping properly.

    I saw that there are some references to color depths of -32 -16 -8
and so. Any idea what this are for? I tried them, but nothing happened
(like nothing).

    thanks!
    gera