Reinventing. Was: SummerTalk and Icalendar

stéphane ducasse ducasse at iam.unibe.ch
Wed Jun 21 07:49:44 UTC 2006

On 20 juin 06, at 17:05, Yann Monclair wrote:

> That's fine by me. Part of the SummerTalk is, I believe, to have an
> opportunity to learn more about Smalltalk :) and the existing tools
> available.
>
> Currently I'm working with VisualWorks. A port to Squeak could be
> possible, and fairly easy I think. It would be nice to maybe switch
> to the existing ical parser at that moment.
> The idea of using Pier, or even MC2 is really interesting.
>
> For now, I'm going to start with writing some tests, and I'll try
> and make my mind on a port to Squeak. This also depends on the
> people who would want such a tool (if they are squeak users or VW
> or another Smalltalk ).

We moved from VW to Squeak for Smallwiki exactly for this reason. :)
I woudl suggest you to have a look at the calendar used in dabble :)
and that is available on SqueakSource.

I would love to be able to have a kind of ical server for
collaborative editing, and also a way to publish to it from ical

Stef