SqueakMap: problems with ODBC package

Torsten Bergmann astares at gmx.de
Thu Jun 22 14:44:20 UTC 2006

Hi,

I want to install the ODBC package via script using Squeak3.9b#7035

	SMSqueakMap default
		installPackageNamed: 'ODBC for Squeak'
		autoVersion: '2'

This works but it loads an old version ODBC-dgd.1.cs.gz.

The newest version ODBC-dgd.10.cs.gz is displayed below the first one
in the SqueakMap package loader tree. Maybe this is caused
by the similar registration with version number 1.

When I try to load it using the package loader or by evaluating

	SMSqueakMap default
		installPackageNamed: 'ODBC for Squeak'
		autoVersion: '1'

I get an error telling me that the file is not a gzipped stream.
What's confusing is that the SM entry points to

  http://minnow.cc.gatech.edu/squeak/uploads/2480/ODBC-dgd.10.cs.gz

and I can access the file when I use a normal web browser.
It's also loadable after the download.

Digging in the SqueakMap cache shows that it contains a file
ODBC-dgd.10.cs.gz but this only includes the following text:

   "error occured retrieving http://minnow.cc.gatech.edu/squeak/uploads/2480/ODBC-dgd.10.cs.gz:
    Server minnow.cc.gatech.edu is not responding"

Is SqueakMap having trouble due to the bad registration or is it
a bug in the swiki file serving for uploaded files?
Any ideas? Can we reregister the package?

Thanks
Torsten