Squackers 5 July 2006: RSVP

Brad Fuller brad at sonaural.com
Fri Jun 23 21:55:55 UTC 2006

Alan Lovejoy wrote:

> Most US timezones observe DST, and those that do always switch between
> "standard time" and "DST" on the same dates (at 2am local time.)  The US
> timezones that do NOT observe DST include those for Hawaii (-1000,) Puerto
> Rico (-0400,) Arizona other than on Navajo reservations (-0700,) and some
> parts of Indiana (some counties are -0500 all year round, while others are
> -0600.)

Indiana changed to DST last year. I grew up in Indianapolis and the
reason that I heard that IN didn't
want to observe DST was because it would confuse the cows at milking
time. Maybe it never dawned on the
dairy farmers that they could alter their times to adjust for the cows ;-)
I live in CA now and recently found out the IN legislature passed a law
last year to go to DST.