Squackers 5 July 2006: RSVP

Alan Lovejoy squeak-dev.sourcery at forum-mail.net
Sat Jun 24 01:15:52 UTC 2006

Brad,

Indiana's changes don't fully take effect until next year.  I knew about it,
but decided that providing that information would have added complexity
without adding significant value to the message.

I said time zones are more complicated than most people imagine, and the
Indiana situation is an excellent example of that.

The surprising complexities and subtleties of the date/time domain in
general, and of time zones in particular, are a major reason I developed
Chronos: so that Smalltalkers could get time zones right, without requiring
every Smalltalk developer to be/become an expert in the date/time domain.

--Alan

Chronos: http://www.chronos-st.org