SqueakMap: problems with ODBC package

goran at krampe.se goran at krampe.se
Mon Jun 26 09:45:48 UTC 2006

"Torsten Bergmann" <astares at gmx.de> wrote:
> Digging in the SqueakMap cache shows that it contains a file
> ODBC-dgd.10.cs.gz but this only includes the following text:
>
>    "error occured retrieving http://minnow.cc.gatech.edu/squeak/uploads/2480/ODBC-dgd.10.cs.gz:
>     Server minnow.cc.gatech.edu is not responding"
>
> Is SqueakMap having trouble due to the bad registration or is it
> a bug in the swiki file serving for uploaded files?
> Any ideas? Can we reregister the package?

My guess (can't check it right now) is that you got the server cached
version. So when the owner registered the release the server tried
getting that file (a while back) and minnow was not online and it stored
that faulty file (without knowing it was an error msg) in the server
cache. It also - to make things worse - calculated the SHA checksum on
that faulty file. ;)

Open transcript and see what it says when you try to download. It
probably says "failed checksum" (since it has the wrong SHA checksum in
the model) and something about "using server cache instead".

The SHA checksum and the server cache can be fixed by modifying the
download URL for that release using the SM web UI. It is then
redownloadaded and rechecksummed. I should add a button to do that - now
you need to change URL, save, change it back, save. Or something
similar.

regards, Göran

PS. I really need to sit down and go through the server cache and
associated code to get it more properly working, I know.