Proposal for a Squeak migration meeting

Hilaire Fernandes hilaire at ext.cri74.org
Mon Jun 26 10:18:27 UTC 2006

Cees De Groot a écrit :
> On 6/26/06, Pavel Krivanek <squeak1 at continentalbrno.cz> wrote:
>
>> You don't expect that's possible to take bootstrapped 3.9 kernel image
>> (http://www.squeaksource.com/KernelImage.html) and make it clean from
>> the licensing perspective?  I don't think that it's more complicated
>> than Spoon checking.
>>
> Well, Spoon's kernel image is so small, you can see all of it running
> at once :). But I don't see either project precluding the other, in
> fact.
>
> How small is that 3.9 image, code wise?

One of the proposal  (from Tim) -- to check with the laywer I guess --
was to relicensed all the SqL code under APLS2.0. If possible, it will
not be that paintfull to migrate from 3.9 and it will get use a ready to
use image. Of course it is not incompatible with the Spoon track.

I also proposed a semi automatic way to do that: any code copyright
owner not willing to see his code relicensed to APSL2.0 should say so
before a given dead line.

Hilaire