[SPAM] Re: Proposal for a Squeak migration meeting

David T. Lewis lewis at mail.msen.com
Wed Jun 28 11:05:58 UTC 2006

On Wed, Jun 28, 2006 at 09:57:20AM +0200, goran at krampe.se wrote:

> Which brings us back to my post which (oddly I thought) went more or
> less totally uncommented:
>
> 	http://lists.squeakfoundation.org/pipermail/squeak-dev/2006-June/105229
> .html
>
> Was it too long to read? :)

No, it was a good and helpful post. IMHO, this comment from Tim is also
worth reading in the interest of good old fashioned common sense:

  http://lists.squeakfoundation.org/pipermail/squeak-dev/2006-June/105363.html

I think that the last thing anyone here needs yet another opinion
from yet another legally-uninformed person, so I won't try to
comment on legal matters.

However, I would like to say that a great deal of progress can
be made by focusing on *doing* the things that we *can* do to
resolve the problem. For example, I personally would like to be
able to send a letter or an email that clearly establishes that
all Squeak code with the initials 'dtl' is hereby relicensed in
whatever way the lawyers recommend. This will not solve the whole
problem, but it will remove one small obstacle. If we all pitch
in and remove as many obstacles as possible, the problem will
get smaller, less scary, and ultimately easier to solve.

Dave