TypeInference: File based way of thinking

Damien Cassou damien.cassou at laposte.net
Fri Jun 30 13:05:04 UTC 2006

Hi,

I'm currently interested in type inference. RoelTyper works by:

- searching all messages that are sent to instance variables
- searching all affections to instance variables

I think this is the kind of things that can be done on file based
languages (dynamically typed).

But we are working with a live system with classes and their instances.
It may be interesting to look at the instances of a given class and then
get the type of the instance variable you want. If there are multiple
instances of the class, we have to merge the results.

Is it a good idea ?