Distinct echo in sound recordings on Mac OS X

Murphy Stein murphy at wonderlab.com
Fri Jun 30 23:11:19 UTC 2006

Hi All,

I am want to record sounds using the SoundRecordingControls Morph but
there is a distinct echo that I can't seem to get rid of.  I made
recordings with an alternate sound program (Amadeus II) and got fine
recordings (apart from the crack of my voice :=), so I'm pretty sure
squeak is doing something funny.  Any idea if this is a known issue,
or even how I might go about fixing it?  I am using Squeak-Full 3.7
on OS X 10.4.6.

Thanks,
Murphy