Squeak communicating with Linux robots

Samir Saidani saidani at squeakfr.org
Sat Mar 4 19:29:02 UTC 2006

Hi Jason,

You might be interested by the squeakbot project, which allows
children to script a robot through E-toys script. The robot are made
by children themselves thanks to simple low-cost I2C electronic
modules interfacing the computer with the mechanical and electrical
parts of the robots. The pcb (electronic schema) of the modules are
available too, so you can start from this schema or buy one (contact
us).

For a more precise description, see here :
http://www.iutc3.unicaen.fr/serge/SqueakBot

An overview of the project is currently available (Serge, could you
publish the article on the website ?)

This platform has been already tested during a summer camp, and youngs
seem to like it, we plan to release the complete platform soon
(probably after this summer, since we would like to test the new beta
version of squeakbot during a summer camp).

Regards,
Samir