PDF merging

William Harford seaside at harford.org
Mon Mar 6 04:38:13 UTC 2006

As far as I know there is not.

The company I work for does quite a bit of PDF manipulation and
generation. I use PDFLib (pdflib.com) and while it does not offer
Squeak language bindings it offers a wide range of language bindings.

I use a combination of command line programs and a IP service, what I
wrote, that allows any computer on the net work to connect and
manipulate/generate PDFs.

You could create a wrapper to the PDFLIb library via FFI (http://
minnow.cc.gatech.edu/squeak/1414) but that is not something I would
recommend but If you did decide to do it I would be _very_ interested
in helping out.

While I don't know the specifics of your situation; I would recommend
that you use a library like PDFLib and write the actual pdf handling
in a different language where there is more support for PDFs. Then
interface those PDF handling applications via OSProcess or similar.

PDFLib Light is free and offers most of the features one would
require in the generation of PDFs, PDFLib+PDI offers some
manipulation of PDFs and PDFLib PPS is a great product that allows
you to use PDFs to make templates for things like mail merge.

There are other products out there PDFLib is just the one I am most
familiar with.

Let us know what you decide and how things for out for you.

Thanks
Will