bugs on mantis: who assigns them ?

Alan Grimes alangrimes at starpower.net
Wed Mar 8 00:37:54 UTC 2006

Here's what I do when I find a bug in squeak:

1. 90% of the time fix it myself without telling anyone, the rest I
can't fix and I try to report...

2. I play around with squeak's built-in reporting system and get yelled
at to post it on Mantis instead...

3. Scratch my head and wonder what a carnivorous insect has to do with
my bug...

4. Wait 4 days...

5. In the middle of a dream, while my mind is making random
associations, that mantis is actually squeak's bug tracking system.

6. go to one of the well known squeak sites such as squeak.org looking
for a convenient link to the site. -- which fails...

7. google the damn thing yet again... (except that I'm beyond caring at
this point...)

--
Don't let your schoolwork get in the way of your learning.

http://users.rcn.com/alangrimes/