Squeak Legal Entity Formation

Cees De Groot cdegroot at gmail.com
Wed Mar 8 07:39:38 UTC 2006

On 3/7/06, Craig Latta <craig at netjam.org> wrote:
>         Well, if I we decide to incorporate in the U.S., we'd have to decide in
> which state to incorporate,

Delaware is the most logical choice.

> and whether to apply for tax-exempt status
> with the U.S. Internal Revenue Service,

Yes

> and jump through those hoops.
> We'd probably want to choose and hire a lawyer and an accountant.

There's the SFLC to help. Plus lots of people who might do this sort
of work pro bono.

Infrastructure-wise, the US is best equipped to "host" open source
projects - lots of examples to draw from, organizations like the SFLC
to support, and not to forgot the biggest wallet when it comes to
fundraising so tax exempt status is most interesting in the US.