overridding constructor...how to?

Elod Kironsky kironsky at grisoft.cz
Thu Mar 9 11:58:11 UTC 2006

Hi!

> hi all,
>   in order to override a constructor for my objects, in order to make
> some initializzation of instance variables, what i have to do?
> Defining a new methods seems not to work... what i'm doing wrong?
> Where i can find a useful reference about squeak programming? thanks
> in advance,
>
> nelson

You have to override the initialize method in your class. BTW: you
should start at www.squeak.org and got through the links. A bunch of
useful information there for newbies too. If you are deriving a class
don't forget to call super initialize, if you want to initialize the
instance variables of the super class.

Elod