[BUG] Integer hex is missing in 7006?

Marcus Denker denker at iam.unibe.ch
Thu Mar 9 19:39:26 UTC 2006

On 09.03.2006, at 20:26, Lic. Edgar J. De Cleene wrote:

> Marcus Denker puso en su mail :
>
>> So maybe we should stop developing Squeak, then you wouldn't need to
>> dowload
>> anything.
> Maybe you could do better ?.

It is always possible to do better. And the idea of why we work on
Squeak
is to actually do better. If Squeak would be perfect, we would not need
to work on it.

Especially 3.9a can not be perfect, as it is, hey, in alpha... it's
*supposed*
to be buggy. And everyone is happy when you report a bug. Really!
Because
only then it will be fixed.

But that's not possible if you insult me personaly everytime you find
a bug
in 3.9a.

Again: the "a" in 3.9a stands for "alpha", which means that we have
told you that you
will find bugs...

> If you think all works , I sorry say not.

No, I don't think that everything works. To repeat again: If
everything would
work, it would not be *alpha*.

The idea is that people who download the alpha version know that there
will be bugs (most people downloading alpha do it actually to help
testing
it...). And then, when they find bugs, they are kind of happy and
report them
with good mood (without insulting everyone) so that they can be fixed.

       Marcus