Squeak for 'profesional' games

Ed Boyce edboyce at bu.edu
Thu Mar 9 22:04:56 UTC 2006

Hans N Beck said:
> Hi,
>>
>> * So far, the core software and existing applications have been
>> developed by a rather small, close group. However, there are,
>> maybe, a few dozen institutions, with worldwide distribution, who
>> are committed to and counting on this project.  These institutions
>> and individuals have varying interests and abilities, and are
>> forming a consortium to coordinate further work.
>
> Are there any news , or even better, what are the current activities
> related to this consortium ?

Hans,

   About 30 people representing about 18 interested institutions met at
the C5 conference in Berkeley, CA, in January, to discuss the formation
of a Croquet Consortium, what its form, goals, structure, etc. would
be. Working groups formed at that meeting are still crafting the
organizational details, which will provide avenues for membership and
involvement by academic institutions, corporate entities, and
individuals. Though certainly not its only raison d'etre, the Croquet
Consortium is envisioned to have a heavy focus on distributed
educational uses of Croquet.

    I don't want to preempt the work of the charter committees by saying
too much, except to encourage the community to share input and ideas
about what activities folks would like to see undertaken by the
consortium via discussion on the lists.  croquet-user at wisc.edu is
probably the best list for this, rather than general Squeak lists.

    Stay tuned!

       Best Regards,

         Ed Boyce

> Regards
>
> Hans

Ed Boyce
Education and Outreach Writer/Editor
Coordinator, Visualize Education Virtual Institute
Engaging People in CyberInfrastructure (EPIC) Program
http://www.eotepic.org

Boston University Center for Computational Science
3 Cummington Street, 5th Floor
Boston, Massachusetts  02215

413-245-3997
edboyce at bu.edu