Squeak-E

Brian Rice water at tunes.org
Thu Mar 9 22:54:03 UTC 2006

It appears that Rob Withers, the primary motivator of Squeak-E
progress, has undergone some kind of lifestyle change. He lives and
works in Seattle, where I live, and has never bothered to discuss
with me or other local Squeakers or Smalltalkers his Squeak-E work.
In fact, I had forgotten that he lived in town at all. So I was
surprised, just a couple of weeks ago, I saw (and bought a lot of)
his CS and Smalltalk books at a used-bookstore that is a few blocks
from my house. I knew they were his because there were receipts in
them that he had signed, and emails from him.

I sent him an email asking him how he's doing and what he plans to do
or not do, but haven't received a response. It appears that Squeak-E
has been orphaned, and that whoever is interested should just start
making new changes and using Monticello to manage it (much of the
code is on SqueakSource).

http://www.squeaksource.com/squeakelib.html

I notice that he HAS made some changes recently (see the RSS page). I
really just don't know what's going on. A mutual friend of ours has
told me he will ask him, and I will follow up if anything is discovered.

--
-Brian
http://tunes.org/~water/brice.vcf