project embedded in bookmorph

Scott Wallace scott.wallace at squeakland.org
Sun Mar 12 02:56:11 UTC 2006

At 5:47 PM -0800 3/11/06, Brad Fuller wrote:
>  >
>  > Try using "make link to project..", found in the "new morph" submenu,
>>  to get a fresh link to your project.
>  >
>Thanks Scott. That works, although it doesn't have a title bar.
>  >
>Would you know what happened to my other "collapsed" project?

It's probably still present, but "off-screen."  You can bring it back
into view by bringing up the halo on the book-page into which you'd
embedded it, and from the "playfield options" submenu of the halo
menu for the page, choose "round up strays" -- I think you'll find
that it reappears.

It's *possible* to embed a window into book-page, as you discovered,
using the "embed" feature, but it's not recommended, because the
morphic windowing logic mostly assumes that all windows, in both
their collapsed and expanded forms, reside directly on the morphic
desktop.

Evidently in this case the collapse logic deciding where to position
the collapsed-window lozenge was based on outer World
considerations... a bug.

Cheers,

   -- Scott