needed one OSProcessPlugin for darwin/osx

David T. Lewis lewis at mail.msen.com
Mon Mar 13 02:57:20 UTC 2006

On Sun, Mar 12, 2006 at 04:15:06PM -0800, John M McIntosh wrote:
> Ah, so back to checking this, low interesting (non-existent as far as
> I can tell) means slow turn around, Mind getting all the plugins to
> work with MacIntel has
> been a chore.
>
> So
> (UnixProcessTestCase selector: #testRunCommand) run
> does run and does not throw any errors...

Excellent, that mean that running an external program and getting
its exit status works with the basic mechanism of polling for exit
status. The event-driven signal forwarding probably is not working
yet, but that is the subject of the pthread-aware issue, which may
or may not be fixed by the update to OSPP for pthreads.

> However lets see, build debug version of VM with GCC 4.0  oops...
>
> dlopen(/Users/johnmci/Documents/Squeak3.8.0/build/Development/Plugins/
> UnixOSProcessPlugin, 10):
> Symbol not found: _argCnt.  Referenced from: /Users/johnmci/Documents/
> Squeak3.8.0/build/Development/Plugins/UnixOSProcessPlugin.
> Expected in: flat namespace

This would be from platforms/unix/sqUnixMain.c, which make these
available to plugins as follows:

int main(int argc, char **argv, char **envp)
{
  /* Make parameters global for access from plugins */
  argCnt= argc;
  argVec= argv;
  envVec= envp;

These would not be in the Mac OS sources, hence symbol not found.

Dave