about translations

Takashi Yamamiya tak at metatoys.org
Mon Mar 13 08:54:11 UTC 2006

Hi Alberto,

Perhaps I am a part of responsible for this inconvenience... When I
started to integrate Diego's original Language Editor and Yoshiki's
m17n, I have just ignored gettext support because the source code was
missing and I knew nothing about gettext. But I realized the
importance of standard way when I tried to use gettext tool today.

> I've made some other steps... :)
> I've prepared two changesets with changes coming from the SqueakLand-dev
> image and from the SmallLand's one.
>
> To load them, save them on disk, open a vanilla 3.8 image, take a
> Filelist from the tools flap and "install" them in order.
>
> If all goes well, you should be able to open a LanguageEditor which let you
> insert a new LocaleID via the "new" button (just like the Squeakland-dev
> image) and export/import translation to/from gettext format using the
> "gettext" button backported from the SmallLand image.

Actually that's a great job. By the way, where can I get latest
SmallLand image and source? I'm willing to help you to improve
translation issue.

Cheers,
- Takashi