Add Button to Flap

Lic. Edgar J. De Cleene edgardec2001 at yahoo.com.ar
Tue Mar 14 15:01:58 UTC 2006

Zulq Alam puso en su mail :

> Hi, I'm learning Squeak/Smalltalk at the moment and enjoying it
> immensely. I've asked in #squeak and it was suggested that I ask here.
>
> Perhaps it's how little I know about Morphic but I don't know how to add
> a button to the Tools flap.
>
> I can open a Shout Workspace via World Menu -> open... -> Shout
> Workspace. I would like to be able to drag a new Shout Workspace from
> the Tools flap rather than take this root.
>
> I've tried dragging and playing with Halos, but to no avail.
>
> I feel like I'm missing something really obvious?
>
> Any help appreciated.
>
> Thanks,
> Zulq.

See if Shout Workspace have in class something like
prototypicalToolWindow
    "Answer an example of myself seen in a tool window, for the benefit of
parts-launching tools"

    | aWindow |
    aWindow _ self new openAsMorphEditing: nil.
    aWindow setLabel: 'System Browser'; applyModelExtent.
    ^ aWindow

I copy from System Browser, but many windows have one.
If not , you should type the appropiate in class.
But also you should do a button for firing.
Could be a IconicButton with imageForm of above window.
Build one and drag and drop on Flap.

Sorry the several steps, but if you don't have a chair you should build one.

Edgar