Proposal for the coming versions

Bryce Kampjes bryce at kampjes.demon.co.uk
Tue Mar 14 22:14:28 UTC 2006

Daniel Vainsencher writes:
 > When we ask how important the update stream is, I think we need to
 > separate two questions:
 > -How important is it to be able to update every image forever across
 > versions?
 > -How important is it to be able to update most of the time, and only get
 > a new image once or twice per release when things break?

Personally, I doubt that it's that important to update every
image forever because it currently never works. Well, at least
not if you've loaded a few packages which have extensions.

For a release team customer like me a Monticello based system
has a better chance of allowing updates because it provides better
tools to deal with conflicting changes. The update stream lets the
last version win which can easily create problems if there are
any changes from outside the stream.

Bryce