SqueakSource notification...

Bert Freudenberg bert at impara.de
Thu Mar 16 13:32:36 UTC 2006

Am 16.03.2006 um 11:47 schrieb Elod Kironsky:

> Bert Freudenberg wrote:

>>> OK. I type www.squeaksource.com in my browser. Click to
>>> projects.  Search for my project. Click on
>>> the project. I am NOT logged in. If I click on the RSS feed tab
>>> of  the project, I can read it. I am an administrator
>>> and developer of the project and the global rights are set to No
>>> Access.
>>

>> Ah, that looks like a bug. If the project is non-public, the
>> change  history should not be visible ... the only thing visible
>> would be  releases, the wiki, and news items that the admin
>> published explicitely.
>>
>> Another bug is that http://www.squeaksource.com/SmallDEVS.html
>> does  not work. On the squeaksource server, all projects are
>> visible, even  if set to No Access, whereas on some private
>> servers, non-public  projects are not visible at all. There is a
>> per-server setting for  this, but it looks like it's not honored
>> in all places.
>>

> I noticed that http://www.squeaksource.com/SmallDEVS.html does not
> work, but I thought that it is a natural sideeffect of setting No
> Access. Does that mean, that the SS projects are spread along more
> servers?

No, it means several organisations run their own squeaksource server.

For example, http://www.squeaksource.com/ is an open server where
anyone can put their projects, whereas http://
source.squeakfoundation.org/ is used to develop new versions of
Squeak. You cannot create your own projects there.

- Bert -