Preparing movie of Bryce's talk (was Re: Smalltalk party and Exupery)

Yanni Chiu yanni at rogers.com
Thu Mar 16 16:48:42 UTC 2006

goran at krampe.se wrote:
> PS. For next party we should bring more tapes and a power adaptor (so
> that the battery in the camera doesn't run out) and take turns filming.
> We could turn these parties into net events that people can "attend"
> virtually and discuss together on IRC.

Here's a link to a webcast of a Feb. 8, 2006 meeting:
http://demo.intrafinity.com/workspaces/one.cfm?workspace_id=-4&object_id=27255
http://demo.intrafinity.com/workspaces/one.cfm?workspace_id=-4&object_id=31667&tab=object_view&CFID=36583&CFTOKEN=fdc0d9ea37c5f79b-03D2463F-6097-9360-636ADA20EEFA4388

It's a school board meeting, and they talk about Squeak
usage in the school. By Squeak, they mean EToys.

There was a single video guy with a camera on a tripod,
two microphones, a dvd player, and a bunch of wires.
I just briefly scanned the webcast replay using the
links above (since I was there, I didn't want to see it
all again). When I view the replay, I see the video (small)
in the top left, and a synchronized view of the presenter's
computer presentation in a big area on the right.

If I could just figure out how to link into these
video production resources, I could be in the movies
too (doing Smalltalk/Seaside). :-)