[MC] suggestion for better (over)loading

tim Rowledge tim at rowledge.org
Fri Mar 17 19:59:02 UTC 2006

(Pardon the probably wrong mailing list but I can't find an address
for the MC list right now)

When we go to load a package the system checks to see if the
currently loaded version has changes. Good idea - but ...
surprisingly often it turns out I have no real change in the package
because I had changed some method (adding a self halt or whatever)
and reverted it.

It would be nice to  extend the over-load checking  to do the full
check - the one I end up manually doing by selecting my current
version of the package and checking the changes only to be told 'No
Changes' - and thereby save me one more little bit of sanity in a
stressed morning. Since the full chaeck can take some time for a big
package or a slow machine, I'd suggest using a progress indicator to
let the user know that the system is trying to be extra helpful.

tim
Strange OpCodes: CDC: Clear Disks and Crash