[ANN] A 6 MB SqueakPlugin.image

Andreas Raab andreas.raab at gmx.de
Sat Mar 18 09:26:29 UTC 2006

Lic. Edgar J. De Cleene wrote:
> Your example is what I see when I first run the actual oficial
> SqueakPlugin.image and look the show source in browser.
>
> But what I asking is.
>
> How I could have MySqueak.image and you (other person) could use via web ?

Not automatically, and quite deliberately so because of security
concerns. Silently downloading and running an image via the plugin would
make your users vulnerable to all sorts of nasty attacks. You will have
to convince your users to download and install the image you'd like them
to use first.

> Today I have http://201-212-99-13.cab.prima.net.ar:8888 for running my
> swikis, what wish know is the setup for MySqueak.image and the html code.
>
> That way you (other person) don't need install any Squeak, only type
>  http://201-212-99-13.cab.prima.net.ar/RemoteSqueak or similar.

Well, the plugin won't do that for you. It allows you to use any image
file that your user has previously installed but it will not download
and install an image.

Cheers,
   - Andreas