Squeak on UTF-8 system

Martin Kuball martinkuball at web.de
Mon Mar 20 18:38:03 UTC 2006

Am Friday, 17. March 2006 19:51 schrieb Martin Kuball:
> Am Thursday, 16. March 2006 21:10 schrieb Petr Fischer:
> > > About 1 and a half year ago I submitted a patch for the unix
> > > keyboard input handler of the VM to make it utf8 ready.
> > > Unfortunately it never got  included. Maybe it's time to try
> > > again.
> > >
> > > Martin
> >
> > Share it please. Thanks! pf
>
> I don't have much time this weekend. But I will try to dig up the
> stuff and post it here.

I'm not sure if the patches are still needed. Some previous mails
suggested that it's possible to make it work by specifing the right
parameters on the comandline. Well, it does not work for me. So find
attached to this mail the patches I made over a year ago.
Unfortunately I wasn't able to test them with a recent VM. I tried
with the svn version but it failed to compile because of some missing
methods (like fetchLong32ofObject).

Martin