Differences between squeak and Dolphin

Germán Arduino garduino at gmail.com
Wed Mar 22 12:36:32 UTC 2006

2006/3/22, stéphane ducasse <ducasse at iam.unibe.ch>:
> I saw impressive demoes of Dolphin were you could package your
> application in 256 k small library packages (starting around 256k).
> So if you business is real with end user on PC, dolphin is much
> better than VW and Squeak since it supports native
> widgets on Windows and the code is cool.

Well, the ToGo exe now are suffering of the lack of VC++ runtime (two
dlls) that aren't anymore as default on Windows XP, then must be
packaged with the Dolphin exe ToGo installer, but in any case, are yet
very tiny sizes.

I've packaged recently my first commercial Dolphin project in an
installer of around 1MB and the main exe is around 860KB
(decompressed).

Cheers.
gsa.