SUnit: Skipping tests?

Diego Fernandez diegof79 at gmail.com
Mon Mar 27 13:43:45 UTC 2006

On 3/27/06, Andreas Raab <andreas.raab at gmx.de> wrote:

> It's 8MB a pop so no, I think it's not really feasible to stick that
> test data into a method ;-)

A test that needs 8mb of data doesn't look like a unit test to me.
Why you need 8mb, you can't test the same with a few bytes only?

I think that the problem is that some times is very useful to use the
assertion framework and the test runner to make another kind of tests ("user
story tests", "stress test", etc). But the SUnit framework depends on
classification to detect all test cases available (unit tests or not).
When I run all the unit tests on the system, I expect unit tests, that is
small and fast tests.

Maybe we can have a Test trait or something like that to reuse the assertion
framework, and the test runners, and keep the TestCase hierarchy as a
classification for unit tests.