Graphical Display of 100,000 objects

Marcus Denker denker at iam.unibe.ch
Tue Mar 28 19:04:59 UTC 2006

On 28.03.2006, at 20:18, Ron Teitelbaum wrote:

> Thanks Marcus,
>
> That's good to know.  I'm not sure how the VM interacts with the
> DLL.  Do
> you know if the VM itself have to change?  Does it make sense to
> integrate
> Kedama and not support the plugins?  Yoshiki said it will work
> without it
> just not very well.

Best would be to have Kedama as an external package to load. But this
was not possible to do: Either SqueakLand with Kedama or no
SqueakLand sync.
Refactoring Kedama was not possible to do in the short time (and it
is, to be honest, not
my job). Thus I decided for adding Kedama for now.

As for the vm-plugin: I think you just need to get the kedama plugin
and put
it into the path where the other plugins are and it should work.

To have it part of VMaker, Yoshiki would needs to coodinate that with
Tim, if he's interested in having the plugin be part of the standard vm.

      Marcus