Henrik antialising

Viktor Svub gilrandir at centrum.cz
Thu Mar 30 11:47:36 UTC 2006

Andrew Tween wrote:
> I'll see if I can package up a modified Windows VM with Freetype plugin, the new
> BitBlt mode for sub-pixel, and a semi-stable 3.8Full image. That way, at least
> the people
> with Windows can have a play.
> I think I need to remove the sub-pixel code from the image and make it a
> changeset, due to
> the patent issue.
> I also need to double check that when I built the freetype lib, I didn't compile
> it with the
> patented truetype hinting enabled.
> Patents, don't you just love 'em :)
>
> Does anybody know if it would be ok to put this stuff on ftp.squeak.org ?
>
> Cheers,
> Andy

Thanks forr all the great work - Shout is the best syntax-highlighter
ever possible... and with FreeType, the anti-aliased fonts finally
become readable even in small sizes.
Please don't forget that in a lot of European countries it's impossibe
(read illegal) to enforce a software-patent, so this issue doesn't
affect all Squeakers - and make it possible to build the VM with all
possible features enabled without further magic :)
Viktor Svub