About the #logChange error in SqueakMap

stéphane ducasse ducasse at iam.unibe.ch
Thu Mar 30 14:55:58 UTC 2006

> You ask and ye shall receive. I have asked numerous times for help in
> maintaining SM but have gotten ZERO replies earlier.

Certainly a miscommunication problem :)

> Now apparently you want to help me and great, I am adding you as a
> co-maintainer and will send you write access to the server.
>
>> There is a downside of
>> "maintained" packages:
>> Nothing happens with Network for 3 Months,
>
> Things did happen a bit (at least *I* did a few fixes) but I didn't
> get
> around to "zipping it all up". I think I explained it in detail if
> someone wanted to do the picking - but if noone does then I will
> eventually get around to it.

Goran this would be good to have a list of fixes and also beasts to
beat to death
and  ask for help.

>> we have not seen a Unix vm
>> build since
>> three years,
>
> That is true and a bit worrying. Do we have any suggestions on who to
> pick that up? I can picture a few names in my head - but have no idea
> about interest.
>
>> and SqueakMap is broken for 3 Months.
>
> "broken" is a bit harsh - yes, it flunks in the current 3.9alpha or
> beta, but not in 3.8 AFAIK.

I got a lot a problem with the students (may be because they are
behind firewall)
But they get this wlkaback on error .... or should throw away the
squeakmap file.
I would really like (if possible) to get it fixed in 3.9.

> Now, if/when you fix it btw - make sure that the "SqueakMap" package
> (the script) picks the correct release of base and also - check that
> your fix works back in 3.6, 3.7 and 3.8 too.
>
> Otherwise I will give it a shot (as I think I said the other day)
> tonight.

Please.... this would be great to have it in 3.9a.