Underscore conversion in 3.9 (was Re: About the #logChange error in SqueakMap)

Chris Muller chris at funkyobjects.org
Fri Mar 31 16:35:54 UTC 2006

I wrote:

> I don't know how compare non-cosmetic changes only, nor the best way
> show differences *within* a line instead of only entire-line
> differences.  Both of these would be very nice.

One solution to the problem of cosmetic changes showing as differences:

  Don't do it

especially on others' code.

If someone is changing functionality, they are welcome to reformat
entire methods they change to their taste.  Otherwise, I would (almost)
never make cosmetic-only changes to other peoples code..