SUnit: Skipping tests?

Hernan Wilkinson hernan.wilkinson at mercapsoftware.com
Fri Mar 31 21:05:06 UTC 2006

Lukas Renggli wrote:

>Mhh, I see that different ... ;-)
>
>The problem with your approach is that you categorize your methods at
>a different places than you define them. Basically this means I have
>to accept two methods, if I add, change or remove a test.
>
>I do very much prefer your annotation example (1) where I directly tag
>the concerning method with the necessary meta-information. For me this
>is much easier to maintain, because I can see immediately when
>browsing the method to what category it belongs to. Moreover I can
>quickly query all the currently taged methods by browsing the senders
>of #architectureTest. Then I get the suite with one line of code, not
>a method full of selectors defined somewhere throughout the image:
>
>Set architectureTests := MethodAnnotation allNamed: #architectureTest
>from: aClass.

I have to agree on that, it is much easier the way you propose...

--
Lic. Hernán A. Wilkinson

This message is confidential. It may also contain information that is
privileged or otherwise legally exempt from disclosure. If you have
received it by mistake please let us know by e-mail immediately and
delete it from your system; you should also not copy the message nor
disclose its contents to anyone. Thanks.