new Smalltalk programmer's thoughts

Herbert König herbertkoenig at gmx.net
Mon May 1 17:53:53 UTC 2006

Hello Wolfgang,

WH> index. If you find another one let me know.

Matlab! And there's a big user group using it for dsp (digital signal
processing) which are deeply frustrated about it.

So if you want to look into this discussion search the comp.dsp
archives.

For this discussion:

As a LISPer I'm annoyed by (nth 1 ofMyList) being the second element,
as a DSPer I'm annoyed whenever I read some 1-based matlab indexing
while zero-based indexing feels so natural in DSP.

As a child of two worlds I bloody my nose with off by one errors more
frequent than others but by now I have a rugged nose (TM), so I just
laugh and change the indexing.

Cheers

Herbert                            mailto:herbertkoenig at gmx.net