Peeping At The KeyHole

Craig Latta craig at netjam.org
Tue May 2 19:38:03 UTC 2006

Hi Michael--

 > Modularization will help to a degree the novice user as well, but not
 > as much.  Knowing that certain methods were added by a module informs
 > the purpose of the method a bit more, but does not really help in the
 > slow introduction of complexity from a novice's point of view.

	Oh, I think it will. Knowing where a method came from, a novice can
reason about the contributing module itself ("why does it exist? how are
the methods in it similar?"). The novice can start to reason about the
system's composition at ever-larger levels of organization, which aids
understanding.

-C

--
Craig Latta