Peeping At The KeyHole

Michael Latta lattam at mac.com
Tue May 2 19:53:36 UTC 2006

Don't get me wrong.  I think modular layered systems are FAR easier to learn
than a huge soup of objects/methods.  And you are correct that they will
start to understand why B3D exists by seeing what it does to the system.

I was just saying that there is no substitute for the deliberate
presentation of information.  That is why a book has value over the code
comments.

I have yet to see a system where there was as much documentation in the
system as would exist in even a moderately well written book on the system.
Since system authors often forget what it was like to be novices it would
really require an organization that was committed to training of new project
members to put such a culture in place.

Michael