How does a newbie get past the feeling thay he is trying to understand an elephant whilst looking through a keyhole?

Antony Blakey antony.blakey at linkuistics.com.au
Thu May 4 13:37:57 UTC 2006

All of which reinforces the original point of the thread. So many things definitely don't "just work" - especially given
that I had no idea if this was a) known to be broken; or b) my config error; or c) broken in my particular version; or
d) fixable by investigating the code.

Not a criticism, just an observation that it's difficult to empathise with a newbie when you are not.

As an aside, I guess this is a significant advantage that e.g. VW has over Squeak.