Blue Book Interpreter/ObjectMemory/BitBlt

Wolfgang Helbig helbig at Lehre.BA-Stuttgart.DE
Tue May 9 07:01:32 UTC 2006

Hi tim,
you adviced:
>Mario Wolczko produced something like this years ago - with some bug
>fixes, since IIRC there was one place where a 17 bit cpu was needed -
>and you might find files somewhere. You'll need to google both the
>correct spelling 'wolczko' and a wrong one 'wolzcko' to get info.

Thanks. I mailed Mario and received all I wanted.

>> And did any one type in the ObjectMemory implementation from the
>> Blue Book?
>Well it would be pretty much an essential part of the whole thing so
>I think you can be fairly confident that Mario's file(s) would have
>it. An interpreter without the object memory stuff would be as much
>use as a chocolate teacup...

You're right. Mario's file does contain a MemoryObject.

>To make any use of it you'd have to also create or obtain an image
>file of the correct format along with the sources and changes files.

I've got two of them. One from 1983 and one from 1988. Including sources and
changes files. I run the '83 vintage with the Hobbes Emulator. And I want to run
them with a Unix VM I am trying to build. But don't wait for it. :-)

Greetings and thanks,
Wolfgang

--
Weniger, aber besser.