Beginners Unanswered Questions

Ron Teitelbaum Ron at USMedRec.com
Tue May 9 20:46:52 UTC 2006

Hi Hernán,

I tried this already and was really confused by it.  I used a paste up and
two text fields.  I found the method valueAtCursor which returned the active
text field, and by following what the code was doing with tab I found this
method.  I expected that setting the keyboard focus through an inspector
that something would happen.  Nothing did, even valueAtCursor didn’t change.
I noticed that moving my mouse stole the cursor but I figured that since
valueAtCursor didn’t change that it didn’t work the way I expected it too
and there was more to the story then I understood.  There was a bunch of
other code besides this method, so I figured there had to be an easier way!

I would seem to me that having the mouse steal focus would be a disaster for
forms and business UI’s where using a mouse in most cases is not recommended
is there a way to turn that off or disable it while in a Morphic? (Until
another Morphic is selected)

Is the answer for Marcus use MVC or wxSqueak?

Thanks,

Ron Teitelbaum

  _____