[ANN] BackTalk: Constraint Satisfaction in Squeak (was Re: Expert System level 0 & 0+)

Noury Bouraqadi bouraqadi at ensm-douai.fr
Thu May 11 13:23:11 UTC 2006

Hi,

Le 10 mai 06, à 10:45, stéphane ducasse a écrit :

> it seems that noury was porting Neopus to squeak. Just asked him.

Stéphane really answers very fast!
Together with Guillaume we are working on porting to Squeak BackTalk :
the constraint satisfaction part of NeOpus.
We got a first running version this morning, so it's still "hot"
It's available on SqueakSource.com

http://www.squeaksource.com/BackTalk.html
Enjoy !

Thanks to the original authors who accepted to make their code public,
Noury

> Stef
>
> On 9 mai 06, at 20:41, Cédrick Béler wrote:
>
>> Hi
>>
>> NeOpus interests me :)
>> but from what Ive read, it was developped for an older version of
>> visualwork...
>> reliing on the parser generator APOK...
>>
>> Do you think it should be "easily" portable to squeak ?
>>
>> Thanks
>>
>> Cédrick
>>

>>> Hello,
>>>
>>> I'd suggest to look at NeOpus: http://www-poleia.lip6.fr/~fdp/
>>> NeOpus.html
>>> <http://www-poleia.lip6.fr/%7Efdp/NeOpus.html> "The NéOpus system is
>>> basically an extension to Smalltalk-80 with first order,
>>> forward chaining production rules"
>>>
>>> Cheers,
>>> Reza

>>> ---

Dr. Noury Bouraqadi - Enseignant/Chercheur
Ecole des Mines de Douai - Dept. G.I.P
http://csl.ensm-douai.fr/noury

European Smalltalk Users Group Board
http://www.esug.org