[3.9b bug report] 3.9 beta 7029 issues

Noury Bouraqadi bouraqadi at ensm-douai.fr
Thu May 11 14:41:19 UTC 2006

Hi,

What about an integration with the refactoring browser and related
tools ?
When I use eclipse (yes, shit happens ;-), I find the refactoring
tools. But, when I use squeak, I have to install them by my self each
time I switch to a more recent image... heavy.

BTW, thanks for the great job done so far by the 3.9 team!

Noury
Le 10 mai 06, à 10:38, stéphane ducasse a écrit :

> Hi guys
>
> Some facts
> 	- nobody is maintaining ToolsPlus
> 	- ToolPlus does not have all the fixes and ENH that went into the
> Standard tools
>
> My suggestions are:
> 	- either a group of people migrate the enh from standard to Plus
> 	- or we remove ToolsPlus and redo the work of andreas but directly on
> the standardTools
> 	by looking at the ToolsPlus code change
>
> I suggest the second approach. And I would like to encourage people to
> help that valuable effort.
>
> Stef
>

> On 8 mai 06, at 03:29, Ken G. Brown wrote:
>
>> Installed ftp://ftp.squeak.org/3.9Beta/Squeak3.9b-7029.zip running on
>> VM Squeak 3.8.12beta4U.app on Mac G5 with OS X 10.4.6.
>>
>> On first trying to open a transcript, I get "Which ToolSet would you
>> prefer?" #PlusToolSet or #StandardToolSet, I select #PlusToolSet,
>> then open a Transcript ok. Then attempt to open a File List and get a
>> message window saying
>> UndefinedObject(Object)>>doesNotUnderstand: #leftOffset
>> PluggableSystemWindow(SystemWindow)>>addMorph:fullFrame:
>> PluggableSystemWindow>>addPaneMorph:
>> MorphicToolBuilder>>add:to:
>> MorphicToolBuilder>>buildPluggableButton:
>> MorphicToolBuilder>>buildPluggableActionButton:
>> PluggableActionButtonSpec>>buildWith:
>> MorphicToolBuilder(ToolBuilder)>>build:
>> [] in FileListPlus>>getButtonRow {[:service |  buttonSpec := builder
>> pluggableActionButtonSpec new.  buttonSpe...]}
>> Array(SequenceableCollection)>>collect:
>>
>> Meanwhile the Transcript window displays "Warning: pane
>> preDebugMessageString not found."
>> This does not occur if #StandardToolSet is the choice on startup.
>> ----------
>> Then with #StandardToolSet selected on startup:
>>
>> Try Open SqueakMap Package Browser
>> 	Get notifier saying SqueakMap server version is newer (2.2) than
>> client (2.0), upgrade to new version Yes/No.
>> Select Yes, then after some time "Upgrading SqueakMap", get a
>> primitive failed error. This is with no sm or package-cache folders
>> present on Squeak startup.
>>
>> Contents of SqueakDebug.log after starting the Debugger at this point:
>>
>> Error: a primitive has failed
>> 7 May 2006 7:23:36 pm
>>
>> VM: Mac OS - a SmalltalkImage
>> Image: Squeak3.9alpha [latest update: #7028]
>>
>> SecurityManager state:
>> Restricted: false
>> FileAccess: true
>> SocketAccess: true
>> Working Dir /Squeak3.9b-7029 Folder
>> Trusted Dir /Squeak3.9b-7029 Folder
>> Untrusted Dir /Users/kbrown/Library/Preferences/Squeak/Internet/My
>> Squeak
>>
>> ByteString class(Object)>>error:
>> 	Receiver: ByteString
>> 	Arguments and temporary variables:
>> 		aString:	'a primitive has failed'
>> 	Receiver's instance variables:
>> 		superclass:	String
>> 		methodDict:	a MethodDictionary(#asByteArray->a CompiledMethod
> [...]
Dr. Noury Bouraqadi - Enseignant/Chercheur
Ecole des Mines de Douai - Dept. G.I.P
http://csl.ensm-douai.fr/noury

European Smalltalk Users Group Board
http://www.esug.org