Smalltalk: Requiem or Resurgence? {Dr. Dobb's Journal (05/06/06) Chan, Jeremy}

Michael Rueger m.rueger at acm.org
Fri May 12 12:53:09 UTC 2006

Ralph Johnson wrote:

> I hope Sophie will be an exception.  But even if it is a success, it

Me too :-)

> does not prove that the general public readily accepts applications
> that look like Squeak.  If you do something profound enough, people
> are willing to compromize to get it.

A major point about Sophie is that it is built with actual (interaction)
designers working on the UI. (the design shown in the video is incomplete)

A problem with most open source software -not just squeak- is that they
are skinned with programmer art, interaction design by programmers and
built for programmers.

Michael