Smalltalk: Requiem or Resurgence? {Dr. Dobb's Journal (05/06/06) Chan, Jeremy}

Herbert König herbertkoenig at gmx.net
Tue May 16 11:14:28 UTC 2006

Hello Chris,

CM>  +1  thank you Nicolas for nailing my sentiments about native widget emulation.

same feelings here and I fully agree with the rest of your posting.

CM>  I must admit, I've never understood why some are so
CM> concerned with native look and feel anyway.
I can't understand either but having done hundreds of software
trainings I know there is a significant number of software _users_ who
will not recognize a button if it's not grey and ... like with M$.

I think it's the difference between people learning the rules and
people memorising examples.

Cheers

Herbert                            mailto:herbertkoenig at gmx.net