Sake = Rake for Smalltalk?

Andreas Raab andreas.raab at gmx.de
Wed May 17 07:13:28 UTC 2006

Hans-Martin Mosner wrote:
> When we define methods, we don't write
> SomeClass compile: 'method source' classified: 'protocol'
> because that would be pretty clumsy.
>
> Now for class definitions, I don't see how all the alternative
> approaches of defining classes give a real advantage over the
> traditional message send expression.

Isn't there a certain contradiction between "pretty clumsy" on the one
hand and "no real advantage" on the other? If you need to understand
some code, being non-clumsy is a real advantage to me and having less
clumsy class definitions would certainly help in understanding code
faster and better. And yes, VW holds the all-time low in the signal to
noise ratio of class definitions ;-)

Cheers,
   - Andreas